Emma brings a wealth of knowledge in Hip Hop to Hyperdance with 12 years of experience. With a strong focus on building dancers TECHNIQUE including Hip Hop foundations, fundamentals, and styles, here are some of her achievements:
One of the inaugural and current members of GroundBreakers, the head Hip Hop performance crew for Pure Funk Dance Studios.
Emma has also competed in a number of State, National and International hip hop and street dance competitions, most notably finishing
- 1st at Adelaide Battlegrounds on two occasions
- 1st at the Beat Down Hip Hop competition in 2012
- 8th in Australia at the Hip Hop International (National Qualifiers) in 2014.
The current co-coach of DXG, one of the varsity competition crews at Pure Funk Dance Studios.
Emma’s training is quite extensive having worked with a number of leading hip hop dancers and choreographers, including:
- Patrick Caballa and Patrick Romero (World champion dancers with the Philippine Allstars)
- Errol Cenita and Bekky Carter (Coach and dancer with Sweet Freakz, Australian Champions at World Supremacy Battlegrounds in 2015.)
Emma has also participated in workshops lead by accomplished dancers and choreographers such as Dave Scott, Laurence Kaiwai, Lizzie Wicks, Collette Eagle and Samantha De Leon (Cahill).
Further to this training, Emma has also studied Jazz and Contemporary dance styles. In 2012 and 2013 she was an Advanced Jazz student at Hyperdance! So she is very familiar with our school.